TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Site is owned and operated by Guri and any other associated company within the Guri group of companies (“we” or “us”).
- We reserve the right to amend this Agreement at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of amendments. Each time you visit or log into the Site, you reaffirm your acceptance of the Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms.
- Unless with our written consent, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, store (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way any of the site’s material or content or permit or assist any third party to do the same.
- You agree to only use the Site for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not improperly infringe the rights of (including any intellectual property), or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, the Site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes conduct which is libelous, in breach of anyone’s privacy or which may harass, cause real distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content. We reserve the right to screen, filter and/or monitor content for this purpose.
- The Site may include links to third party web sites (“Third-Party Sites”) from time to time. You agree that we will not be responsible for the availability of the Third-Party Sites and we will not be responsible or liable for any content or services from the Third-Party Sites. Your accessing of the Third-Party Sites is at your own discretion and risk. These Third-Party Sites may have their own terms and conditions of use which you may be required to comply with. Please read such terms and conditions of use, which may not be found on this Site, to ensure you are willing and able to comply with them.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Registration and Membership
- If you would like to use all the functionalities of this Site including participating in the forums, make comments, receive newsletters, receive updates on promotions, you must register (and be a “Registered User” and “User Registration” as the context requires). As part of this you will be asked to accept these Terms and, in doing so, you will be bound by these Terms. Should you wish to purchase anything on the Site, you must be a Registered User and may be required to accept and be bound by separate terms governing the transaction.
- When you register as a Registered User, you will be asked to select a user name and password you can then use to access your account and log on to and/or participate in areas of the Site. We reserve the right to reject user names that are offensive, defamatory or otherwise unsuitable.
- You are solely responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account. We will not be liable where your password is used by someone else.
- You should make sure you are the only person using your password and you agree to notify us of any unauthorized use of your password and any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
- You agree and confirm that by registering as a Registered User, you are 18 or over and all information provided by you to us is accurate, true and up to date in all respects and at all times.
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any part of it (including the availability of any features of the Site) at any time and without notice or liability to you. We are entitled to suspend or terminate your account or access to any part of the Site at any time if you breach the Terms or for technical reasons.
- We will not be responsible for misuse of your User Registration by any third party, whether authorized by you or not. You are personally responsible for all activities that occur under your User Registration. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your User Registration or any other breach of security.
- We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- This Site includes information, recommendations, reviews and instruction relating to food, supplements, diet, exercise and fitness, and some of the products and services available through this Site and/or Third-Party Sites relating to such topics.
- Before participating in any diet or exercise program or using any diet or fitness products or services that may be described and/or made accessible in or through this Site and/or Third-Party Sites, you shall be responsible to consult with a physician or other healthcare provider. We do not hold ourselves to be licensed medical care providers, are not rendering personal medical advice or treatment, and shall not be responsible to you in advising on, diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise or diet on a medical condition. By participating in any diet, exercise, or exercise program, and/or when using any diet or fitness products or services, you assume the risk and responsibility for any such results such use may produce.
- We make no warranties, express or implied, as to the completeness, accuracy, or appropriateness for any purpose of any information or content contained in this Site or Third-Party Sites. We are committed to bringing you the most up to date information, however, we make no guarantee that the information herein is the most recent on any particular subject.
- We do not make any warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this Site or any information or goods that are available or advertised or sold through this Site. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed on this site or available through links on this Site.
- We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions on this Site. Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, “trojan horses” or other destructive materials to this Site, we do not guarantee or warrant that this Site or materials that may be downloaded from this Site do not contain such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on this Site and any materials available through this Site, you do so solely at your own risk.
- We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services or Third-Party Sites that may be linked to from this Site. We have no control over such services and we are not responsible for the availability of such external services, and we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through such services.
Site Content and submitted Content
- By submitting content on or to this Site, you are giving us, and our affiliates, agents and third-party contractors the right to display or publish such content on this Site and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes.
- In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (I) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms; and (II) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms.
- You agree that you will not: (I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (II) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (III) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (IV) post advertisements or solicitations of business. We reserve the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice. You understand that when you submit content in any form to us, we may authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other Guri-branded environments.
- We may remove content posted by you for any reason.
- Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties are theirs alone, not opinions of Guri. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed by us. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute content through this Site, we are not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content. We and our affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders do not undertake or assume any duty to monitor this Site for inappropriate or unlawful content. Guri and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to block or remove communications, postings or materials at any time in our sole discretion.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The names, images and logos identifying Guri and all our associated companies or third parties and any products and services are proprietary marks of these parties. Nothing in the Terms shall be construed as conferring to you any license or right under any intellectual property right of any of the above parties unless expressly stated otherwise.
- Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit or in any way exploit any part of this Site or any content thereon. You may not distribute any part of this Site or any content thereon over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, or sell or offer it for sale. Neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of this Site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright or that has not been authorized by us.
- All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the Site (including the design, arrangement and look and feel) and all material, software or content supplied as part of the Site, and shall remain at all times our property or the property of our licensors and is protected by intellectual property law.
- Any products and services on the Site are subject to availability and are available at our sole discretion.
- If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that any of our content infringes upon your copyright, please contact us.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any disputes arising from the Site or these Terms are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- If any of the Terms are held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities (including legal fees) relating to or arising from your use and/or User Registration or arising from any breach or suspected breach of the Terms by you or your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
- We can transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to any company, firm or person provided this does not affect your rights under the Terms. You may not transfer or assign your rights or obligations.
- You waive all rights to a trial by jury in connection with any legal proceeding or dispute against us. You further agree that any dispute or proceeding which you may bring against us shall be conducted on an individual basis and not a class-wide basis and that any such proceeding or dispute shall not be consolidated with any other dispute or proceeding which might arise between us and any other user.
Additional Terms for Additional Services
The use of certain Additional Services is subject to and governed by additional terms of service (i.e. the Specific Additional Service Terms, noted in the recitals at the beginning of this agreement). If you use any of the Services listed immediately below, the linked Specific Additional Service Terms apply. In the event such additional or specific terms are inconsistent with the Specific Additional Service Terms, those Specific Additional Service Terms will control.
- Guri User Membership: Terms of Service.
- Guri Business Listing: Terms of Service.
- Guri Official Business Partner: Terms of Service.
Guri engages third parties that help it deliver its banner advertisements and other online communications. The third parties may collect and use information about Guri customers to help us understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to its customers. The personal information they collect is aggregated and cannot be linked to a person.
- Third party vendors, including but not limited to Google, DoubleClick and Programmatic Buying, show Guri’ ads on sites on the internet.
BY CONTINUING TO USE OUR SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS.